History of establishment of Sekolah Seri Puteri
In May 1968, the school received the first group of 144 students in three classes of form 4 students. First Principal, Mrs. Amin Khalidah Jimmy assisted by ten teachers and three non-academic staff. In 1969, the school began to take teachers on contract from Indonesia to meet the shortage of local science and mathematics teachers. In the early years of its establishment, the facilities for students is inadequate and that is not appropriate to assist learning or for residential students. These problems did not hinder students’ efforts, students and teachers to improve school performance.
Within two years of its founding, the school has achieved the approval of 100% in Malaysia School Certificate Examination of Education held in 1970. The first batch of 102 students accepted into the Sixth Form in May 1971 and the first group of 89 Form One students admitted later in 1975. Matriculation courses in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia was also held in 1975 with the enrollment of 88 people. In 1976 a historic year for the school when the school bands, which was founded by three principals of Mrs. Hajah Badiah Bt Hj. Abdul Manan, was established.
The school is celebrating its 10th anniversary on 16 September 1978 and for the occasion, the school’s fourth principal, Puan Zainab bt Haji Mohd. Yusop opening Seri Puteri School name. The name was chosen because it illustrates the various meanings associated with beauty, dignity and leadership. The new name is expected to be a source of inspiration to his students. The new symbol of the school also introduced the same year. Since 1978, the school has recorded remarkable success in both the academic and co-curricular areas. Based on the principle of full integration between faith and knowledge to create a culture of individual knowledge, competitive, dynamic and has a vision of the spirit to compete, the school is not just to produce students who excel in academics but also extra-curricular.
History of the new Sekolah Seri Puteri
Sekolah Seri Puteri Cyberjaya is built on 20 acre site. The original site is sloping hills and slopes in part contain old rubber trees. Elite Smart School is located in Cyberjaya Flagship Zone on high ground overlooking the artificial lake that forms part of the Putrajaya Lake. This triangular site surrounded by Express Rail Link route to the west, the road B in the south and the Putrajaya Lake in the east. In line with the route is Highway Putrajaya ERL – Dengkil – KLIA. Sekolah Seri Puteri Cyberjaya started construction on 5 April 2001 with a construction cost of RM56, 245,450.00. Construction work was completed on January 26, 2003.
Concept development Seri Puteri Cyberjaya School incorporates features that can make learning science and technology-based use of ICT as well as encouraging pupils to interact and innovate. Maximum capacity of the school can accommodate up to 1200 students and 250 academic staff and support staff. This school consists of three main zones of the public zone that contains the Great Hall and recreational facilities such as the Pavilion, Racing, Field Hockey, Tennis Netball, Basketball Court, Tennis Court, Tennis Squash and Artificial Rock Climbing. Learning Zone consists of Classroom Block &Workshop Laboratory Block . Private Zone consists of the Residential Student (Residence), Residential Teachers and Support Staff and the dining hall / civil servant.
Sekolah Seri Puteri, Cyberjaya has a Great Hall which can accommodate 1200 people and the Lecture Hall can accommodate 255 people. Sekolah Seri Puteri, Cyberjaya is the Elite Boarding School and Smart School status. Students come from all over the country, including Sabah and Sarawak.